MoringaConnect is an MIT-Harvard spinout headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with its base of operations in Ghana. Our work has been featured in Good Morning America, Forbes, The Guardian, UpWorthy, and the Harvard Business Review. Our vision is to create a world powered by the moringa tree- a crop known locally as ‘the miracle tree’ for its nutritional, medicinal, and economic value. Starting in Ghana, we use our vertically integrated supply chain to turn moringa leaves into nutritious beverages and snacks under our Minga Foods brand and moringa oil seeds into clean beauty products under our award-winning True Moringa brand.
Since becoming operational in Q42013, we’ve created 90 jobs along the value chain for women and youth, provided more than $500K in income to moringa farmers, built a network of 3000 farmers, and planted over 500,000 trees.
Successful applicant will primarily work in the Brong Ahafo Region
● An individual who is passionate about crops and soils and will be the expert for appropriate agronomic practice implementation that will lead to optimum yield and quality of moringa cultivation from company’s farm and other outgrower farms, ensuring they meet organic certification standards.
- Lead and provide direction in producing and improving the value chain of the moringa plant through conducting experiments and developing methods of production
- Work with supply chain manager to ensure that planting, yields and outputs are planned in alignment with the strategic plans of the Company to meet volume and quality requirements
- Draft agricultural production plans, and estimate yields in collaboration with the farm manager
- Collect accurate data and create reports to clarify and support agricultural plans
- Study the MoringaConnect nucleus farm’s crop production in order to discern the best ways to plant, harvest, and cultivate the Moringa plant, creating a center of excellence for moringa
- Work with production team to understand production targets and make every effort to identify root causes for increased production rates from an agronomic standpoint
- Responsible for flagging any risks to the delivery of the strategic plans of the
- Investigate and address any epidemic issues on farms affecting cultivation or production
- Conduct experimentation on other varieties and species of moringa to determine the
best genetic material for propagation and establish breeding operations
- To lead the maintenance of farm certifications and be the auditor of outgrower farms
for internal compliance purposes
- Collaborate with certifications team on all aspects of certification related to farming and cultivation
- Compile and consistently update best practices for cultivating moringa within all
contexts and under all relevant methodologies
- Work with supply chain team to create effective training material and modules for
dissemination to all outgrower farmers and engaged parties
- Maintain direct constant communication with the farms, production team, quality assurance team and general manager
- Prepare regular reports summarizing agronomic and agricultural learnings to be implemented or explored further
- Perform other duties appropriate to this role, as may be required by the Company from time to time.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
● Degree in Agricultural science or related field. Added qualification in agronomic practice will be an advantage
● 2 – 3 years working experience managing agricultural practices in a farming environment, knowledge of moringa cultivation and global gap practices will be an advantage.
● Understands and has a working knowledge of establishing and improving farming practices in an agricultural environment.
● Excellent communication and organizational skills, especially when relating to farm workers
● Comfortable living in a developing town
● Exhibit company values (integrity, humility, perseverance, drive, innovation, excellence, passion, and impact) professionally and personally
● Be familiar with proper identification of plant disease and insect pests affecting moringa crops
● Competitive Salary
● Health Insurance
● Access to company car
● Paid Vacation
● Company Smartphone & Laptop
● All-expense-paid work related travel
Interested applicants should fill this form and send (1) cover letter and (2) CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Deadline: Rolling).