MoringaConnect is an MIT-Harvard spin-out on a mission to move smallholder farming families from poverty to prosperity through moringa. Our vision is to create a world powered by the moringa tree- a crop known locally as ‘the miracle tree’ for its nutritional, medicinal, and economic value.
Starting in Ghana, we’ve built the first vertically integrated moringa supply chain in the world to turn moringa leaves into nutritious beverages and snacks under our Minga Foods brand in Ghana and turn moringa oil seeds into hair, face, and body beauty products under our award-winning True Moringa brand in North America. Since Q4 2013, we’ve created 150 jobs along the value chain for women and youth, provided $600K in income to moringa farmers, built a network of 5000 farmers, and planted over 2,000,000 trees.
MoringaConnect was founded by an MIT-trained rocket scientist and Harvard-trained economist and our leadership team and advisers bring to bear decades of expertise in sustainable agriculture, agro-processing, food formulation, cosmetic chemistry, retail distribution, marketing, and advertising. We are backed by world-class venture investors, as well as top impact investors. Our work has been featured in Forbes, the Harvard Business Review, Good Morning America, The Guardian, Quartz, and UpWorthy.
We are looking for:
- tertiary level students who have completed at least 2 years in the following or related majors: business administration, marketing, management and other related fields.
- Aspiring NSS candidates with the above majors
- Graduates who have recently completed NSS
Applicants must have experience with the following:
- Marketing or Sales or Customer relations
- Exceptional verbal and presentation skills
- Strong problem identification and solution skills
- Good written communication skills
- Excellent ability to cooperate in teams.
- Good working ethics and integrity.
- Be a self-motivated individual.
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to get first hand experience in sales, branding, marketing, & merchandising at an award-winning venture
- Opportunity to receive a return offer for full employment
- Directly impact the lives of thousands of people in Ghana
- Support the expansion of made in Ghana products that are retailed on the shelves of the biggest retailers in North America, Europe, and Asia
- Be a part of a purpose driven business and work alongside a talented global team
- Fellows will work from East Legon, Accra
- Summer Interns: a transportation and lunch allowance will be provided
- National Service: NSS allowance will be paid in addition to other benefits
How to Apply:
Submit your resume or CV and cover letter in an email titled “Business Development Fellowship Applicant” to firstname.lastname@example.org