MoringaConnect is an MIT-Harvard spinout headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with its base of operations in Ghana. Our work has been featured in Good Morning America, Forbes, The Guardian, UpWorthy, and the Harvard Business Review. Our vision is to create a world powered by the moringa tree- a crop known locally as ‘the miracle tree’ for its nutritional, medicinal, and economic value. Starting in Ghana, we use our vertically integrated supply chain to turn moringa leaves into nutritious beverages and snacks under our Minga Foods brand and moringa oil seeds into clean beauty products under our award-winning True Moringa brand.
Since becoming operational in Q42013, we’ve created 90 jobs along the value chain for women and youth, provided more than $500K in income to moringa farmers, built a network of 3000 farmers, and planted over 500,000 trees.
Fill out application form. In it you will also upload your resume/CV and cover letter. Our team will be in touch once your submission is received. Deadline rolling.
Successful applicant will work from Accra office and will travel on occasion to other company locations in Ghana.
An individual with the experience and demonstrated excellence in building and managing finance, accounting, banking, tax, and reporting systems at MoringaConnect. The candidate must possess the leadership and management skills to manage members of the finance and administration departments and manage internal and external relationships related to those departments.
- Internal Reporting
- Provide monthly analysis of company financial performance to executive management
- Track performance of Ghana and US company entities and business subunits; provide monthly reports to executive management
- Track farming and product unit economics performance and provide comprehensive financial information to executive management to guide growth strategy
- Plan and implement financial control mechanisms to ensure that funds allocated and spent bring in the best value possible.
- Organise internal audits of the organisation’s and departmental finances.
- Staff Finance Support
- Improve and implement finance policy for staff
- Maintain internal financial records, procedures and controls to ensure they are adequate and relevant and maintained in accordance with established policies.
- Train staff on budgeting and work with each business unit to meet forecasted expenses and income
- Manage bookkeeping, petty cash, monthly financials of Ghana and USA entity using QuickBooks and Spreadsheets
- Manage the recording of all accounting records on the organisation’s accounting system, including customer and supplier invoices, other income and expenditure, and journals, ensuring that the records are kept up to date. Responsible for the day-to-day accounting and financial management of the organisation
- Maintain all financial related records of the organisation, including payroll.
- Setting, preparing, and modifying budgets for the various departments in the company and also ensuring that budgets are adhered to
- Manage bank accounts, liaising with banks, administering online bank authority limits, setting up online payments, acting as a cheque signatory.
- Ensure expenditure is appropriately authorised before payment.
- Undertake weekly bank reconciliations in Quickbooks, maintaining appropriate records for independent verification.
- External Reporting
- Manage appropriate financial procedures so that all finance related and accounting requirements, internal and external, are complied with.
- Liaise with the external accountants, auditors, certifying bodies, and other professional advisors
- Comply with tax laws for company and employees and make corporate tax payments on behalf of MoringaConnect
Key Competencies and Qualifications:
- Degree in finance, accounting, or related field. Professional certifications will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of working experience, preferably in agribusiness/food/cosmetics/manufacturing
- Mastery using QuickBooks or relevant accounting software and spreadsheets for accounting. Preference will be given to candidates with specific experience using QuickBooks Manufacturing Software
- Conversant with Microsoft Office Software and Google Drive tools
- Proven ability to build new financial systems, not simply execute in an existing system
- Proven ability to manage financial reporting on a company level and business unit level
- Experience syncing historical financials, quarterly and monthly budgets, into financial model projections
- Expertise in budgeting, cash planning, financial analysis, project monitoring, and reporting
- Relentless attention to detail
- Comfortable working with Ghanaians and non-Ghanaians
- Thrive working in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exhibit company values (integrity, humility, perseverance, drive, innovation, excellence, passion, and impact) professionally and personally
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Company Smartphone & Laptop
- All-expense-paid work related travel
Interested applicants should fill the application form. In the google form, you will be asked to upload your resume/CV and cover letter. Our team will be in touch once your submission is received. Deadline rolling.