MoringaConnect is changing the story for the 120 million small farming families in Africa using moringa – a crop known locally as ‘the miracle tree’ for its nutritional, medicinal, and economic value. Starting in Ghana, we use our vertically integrated supply chain to turn nutritious moringa leaves into moringa-powered superfood beverages and snacks under our Minga Foods brand and moringa oilseeds into clean beauty products under our award winning True Moringa brand. Since becoming operational in Q42013, we’ve engaged over 2300 farming families and planted over 300,000 trees. Our traction and impact have been featured in Forbes, The Guardian, UpWorthy, Harvard Business Review, and The Economist.
Successful applicant will work from Accra office.
- Manage bookkeeping, petty cash, monthly financials using QuickBooks and Spreadsheets
- Develop and implement finance policy for staff
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting and financial management of the organisation, including liaison with the external accountants and other professional advisors.
- Maintain all financial related records of the organisation, including payroll.
- Manage appropriate financial procedures so that all finance related and accounting requirements are complied with.
- Manage the recording of all accounting records on the organisation’s accounting system, including customer and supplier invoices, other income and expenditure, and journals, ensuring that the records are kept up to date.
- Maintain internal financial records, procedures and controls to ensure they are adequate and relevant and maintained in accordance with established policies.
- Manage bank accounts, liaising with banks, administering online bank authority limits, setting up online payments, acting as a bank check signatory.
- Ensure expenditure is appropriately authorized before payment.
- Undertake regular bank reconciliations in Quickbooks, maintaining appropriate records for independent verification.
- Comply with tax laws for company and employees and make corporate tax payments on behalf of MoringaConnect
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Experience with accounting for Small and Medium Enterprises
- Familiarity and/ prior experience with QuickBooks and Spreadsheets for accounting
- Conversant with Microsoft Office Software
- Attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound skills in budgeting, cash planning and scrutiny, project monitoring and reporting.
- Commitment to the organisation and the willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
- Be hardworking, passionate, resourceful, flexible, and a person of integrity
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Company Smartphone
E-mail your resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line.