MoringaConnect is changing the story for the 120 million small farming families in Africa using moringa – a crop known locally as ‘the miracle tree’ for its nutritional, medicinal, and economic value. Starting in Ghana, we use our vertically integrated supply chain to turn nutritious moringa leaves into moringa-powered superfood beverages and snacks under our Minga Foods brand and moringa oilseeds into clean beauty products under our award winning True Moringa brand. Since becoming operational in Q42013, we’ve engaged over 2300 farming families and planted over 300,000 trees. Our traction and impact have been featured in Forbes, The Guardian, UpWorthy, Harvard Business Review, and The Economist.
Successful applicant will work from Accra office.
- Identity timeline and requirements to secure Organic Certification, Global GAP, Fair Trade, ISO, etc for farmers
- Work on obtaining organic certification for all MoringaConnect current and future products
- Create Standard Operating Procedure to ensure compliance with certifying bodies
- Train extension staff on compliance with all relevant certifications
- Renewal of already existing certificates and licenses such as Food and Drugs Authority and Ghana Standards Board
- Ensure operator and farm profiles are up to date
- Regularly communicate, and manage relationship, with certifying agency regarding all updates to systems or processes
- Work with M&E officer to ensure correct and relevant data is gathered
- Coordinate lab analysis of company products and by-products
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Experience in obtaining Organic Certification, Global GAP, Fairtrade, ISO
- Tenacity and ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with data collection
- Strong writing skills
- Moderate to high level of computer literacy
- Flexibility and adaptability to work both in rural and remote situations
- Be hardworking, passionate, resourceful, flexible, and a person of integrity
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Company Smartphone
E-mail your resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line.