MoringaConnect is changing the story for the 120 million small farming families in Africa using moringa – a crop known locally as ‘the miracle tree’ for its nutritional, medicinal, and economic value. Starting in Ghana, we use our vertically integrated supply chain to turn nutritious moringa leaves into moringa-powered superfood beverages and snacks under our Minga Foods brand and moringa oilseeds into clean beauty products under our award winning True Moringa brand. Since becoming operational in Q42013, we’ve engaged over 2300 farming families and planted over 300,000 trees. Our traction and impact have been featured in Forbes, The Guardian, UpWorthy, Harvard Business Review, and The Economist.
Successful applicant will work from Accra office.
- Develop and implement company Human Resource Manual
- Develop and implement performance management and improvement systems
- Plan opportunities for career development with staff
- Develop and implement employee training systems based on need assessments conducted
- Establish and manage MoringaConnect’s salary structure, pay policies and variable payment systems such as bonuses and commissions
- Lead on all Human Resource related issues at MoringaConnect
- Support other managers in Human Resource related issues
- Plan, coordinate, and manage recruitment, hiring and onboarding process for MoringaConnect
- Identifies and monitors the MoringaConnect’s culture to attain the company’s goals and promote employee satisfaction.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of progressive work experience in Human Resource positions
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- Experience working in a Human Resource capacity in a Small and Medium Enterprise
- Demonstrated ability building Human Resource solutions from scratch
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team that provides overall company leadership and direction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build good relationships and partnerships
- Naturally motivated individual who takes initiative
- Competent in Microsoft Office mainly Word and Excel. Must include skills in Human Resources Information Systems
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong organisational management skills
- Working knowledge of Ghana’s Labour Laws
- Be hardworking, passionate, resourceful, flexible, and a person of integrity
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Company Smartphone
- All-expense-paid travel
E-mail your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position in the subject line.