MoringaConnect is changing the story for the 120 million small farming families in Africa using moringa – a crop known locally as ‘the miracle tree’ for its nutritional, medicinal, and economic value. Starting in Ghana, we use our vertically integrated supply chain to turn nutritious moringa leaves into moringa-powered superfood beverages and snacks under our Minga Foods brand and moringa oilseeds into clean beauty products under our award winning True Moringa brand. Since becoming operational in Q42013, we’ve engaged over 2300 farming families and planted over 300,000 trees. Our traction and impact have been featured in Forbes, The Guardian, UpWorthy, Harvard Business Review, and The Economist.
Successful applicant will work from the Brong Ahafo region of Ghana
- Setup input, irrigation, labour, farm log tracking systems
- Prepare a monthly farm report to capture key activities on the farm
- Manage farm and agricultural equipment investments
- Determine and coordinate Research and Development on the nucleus farm
- Build capacity of Nucleus Farm Supervisor and staff
- Create harvest pipeline
- Supervise and manage different team members on Nucleus Farm including drivers and labourers
- Strategize and plan farm expansion in-line with MoringaConnect’s growth plans
- Work with HR manager to grow farm team as needed
- Enforces safety regulations, and interprets and implements policies
- Works directly w/ Operations and Factory Manager to coordinate Farm strategy operations with overall company strategy operations
- Maintain direct, constant communication with farm team and operations manager.
- Perform other duties appropriate to this role, as may be required by the Company from time to time.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience managing a commercial farm
- Experience with farming in developing countries
- Understands organic principles and preferably experience implementing organic systems
- Substantial understanding of agronomy and irrigation systems
- Manage agricultural equipment
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable
- Experience managing team with a range of abilities and coordinating with a diverse range of experts, contractors, and advisors
- Experience in organic cultivation
- Good understanding of soil science and tree agronomy
- Comfortable living in a developing town
- Be hardworking, passionate, resourceful, flexible, and a person of integrity
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Company Smartphone
- All-expense-paid travel
- Relocation Stipend and Housing Loan if needed
E-mail your resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line.