MoringaConnect is changing the story for the 120 million small farming families in Africa using moringa – a crop known locally as ‘the miracle tree’ for its nutritional, medicinal, and economic value. Starting in Ghana, we use our vertically integrated supply chain to turn nutritious moringa leaves into moringa-powered superfood beverages and snacks under our Minga Foods brand and moringa oilseeds into clean beauty products under our award winning True Moringa brand. Since becoming operational in Q42013, we’ve engaged over 2300 farming families and planted over 300,000 trees. Our traction and impact have been featured in Forbes, The Guardian, UpWorthy, Harvard Business Review, and The Economist.
Successful applicant will work from Accra office.
- Oversee a sales team to manage existing retail channel partnerships and aide in the acquisition of new partners
- Develop and implement sales and distribution plan for company’s brands to expand customer base and ensure strong presence
- Develop sales goals, forecasts and projections
- Manage Sales Team to meet targets
- Analyze trends and results from sales of company’s products and determine strategic next steps based on analysis
- Increase local sales in Ghana and in the sub-region
- Maintain national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training talent.
- Maintain national sales staff job results by counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Ensure customers pay according to agreed payment policy
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Manage relationships with brokers, distributors and merchandisers
- Support research and development of product extensions for the brand
- Follow up on sales and deliveries to stores and retail orders
- Coordinate marketing and advertising campaigns for company brands
- Grow e-commerce sales and delivery logistics
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience in progressive sales roles
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field
- Deep knowledge of and connections to the natural lifestyle market (food and cosmetics)
- Experience writing and managing budgets and projections
- A track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Strong leadership skills
- Grasp of local and business language
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Proven ability to drive sales process from plan to close
- Proficient in the use of computers
- Be hardworking, passionate, resourceful, flexible, and a person of integrity
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Company Smartphone
- All-expense-paid travel
E-mail your resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line.