MoringaConnect is changing the story for the 120 million small farming families in Africa using moringa – a crop known locally as ‘the miracle tree’ for its nutritional, medicinal, and economic value. Starting in Ghana, we use our vertically integrated supply chain to turn nutritious moringa leaves into moringa-powered superfood beverages and snacks under our Minga Foods brand and moringa oilseeds into clean beauty products under our award winning True Moringa brand. Since becoming operational in Q42013, we’ve engaged over 2300 farming families and planted over 300,000 trees. Our traction and impact have been featured in Forbes, The Guardian, UpWorthy, Harvard Business Review, and The Economist.
Location: Successful applicant will work from our Boston office.
Hours: Full time, paid position
Commitment: Full time, min 3 years
Position: Explore new market opportunities, aid in the design of a cohesive long and short term sales strategy, oversee a sales team and to aid in the acquisition of new accounts and maintain existing accounts, amplify the reach of our brand, mission, and story. Responsible for driving sales (wholesale & retail) and proactively identifying and leveraging growth opportunities.
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years experience in a managerial sales role
- Deep knowledge of and connections to the natural lifestyle market
- Experience writing and managing budgets and projections
- Track record of meeting sales goals
- Strong leadership skills
- Build and oversee a sales team to manage existing retail channel partnerships and aide in the acquisition of new partners
- Develop sales goals, forecasts and projections
- Analyze trends and results
- Maintain national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training talent.
- Maintain national sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Manage relationships with brokers, distributors, merchandisers, clients (wholesale and retail)
E-mail your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position in the subject line.