QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
MoringaConnect is an MIT-Harvard spinout headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with its base of operations in Ghana. Our work has been featured in Good Morning America, Forbes, The Guardian, UpWorthy, and the Harvard Business Review. Our vision is to create a world powered by the moringa tree- a crop known locally as ‘the miracle tree’ for its nutritional, medicinal, and economic value. Starting in Ghana, we use our vertically integrated supply chain to turn moringa leaves into nutritious beverages and snacks under our Minga Foods brand and moringa oil seeds into clean beauty products under our award-winning True Moringa brand.
Since becoming operational in Q42013, we’ve created 90 jobs along the value chain for women and youth, provided more than $500K in income to moringa farmers, built a network of 3000 farmers, and planted over 500,000 trees.
Successful applicant will primarily work from the Greater Accra Region but will be required to travel regularly within Ghana
An individual with drive and experience to lead the Quality Assurance Team and deploy and define quality and food safety, strategy, objectives and initiatives. The candidate will be accountable to ensure Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental excellence across the full MoringaConnect value chain, collaborating cross-functionally and cross-regionally with all other functions within the Company.
- Develop and implement Quality Assurance Requirements and Food safety system (HACCP), for the company along with ensuring compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Monitoring and ensuring strict compliance with Food safety system requirement of HACCP
- Accountable for overall quality and food safety compliance and requirements in the company.
- Ensure that production output throughout entire value chain fully satisfies quality and food safety requirements and MoringaConnect specifications
- Lead the Quality Assurance Management Team and liaise directly with the production manager on all intersectional decisions
- Implement and maintain systems, procedures and methods to ensure that prescribed product and package quality specifications and standards are achieved and maintained
- Monitoring compliance with legal, regulatory and company management standards, policies, procedures, and templates by means of audits, inspections etc
- Develop competencies of quality assurance and production team with respect to quality and food safety management
- Support organic certification of farms and its maintenance and ensure adherence to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Work directly with certifications teams to attain any quality or processing certification standards
- Prepare a monthly report to capture key activities related to the factory and processing development
- Perform other duties appropriate to this role, as may be required by the Company from time to time
Key Competencies and Qualifications
● Minimum of a tertiary degree in an Applied Science based subject from a recognized university. Additional qualifications related to quality assurance or food safety will be an advantage.
● 3 – 5 years working experience in quality assurance and food safety in the food processing industry
● Experience working in developing countries
● Understands and has a working knowledge of food safety and quality assurance systems and processes
● Excellent communication and organizational skills, especially when relating to Ghanaians and others in Ghana
● Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable
● Experience in managing team with a range of abilities and coordinating with a diverse range of experts, contractors, and advisors
● Previous Technical experience in managing quality issues related to processing of agricultural products or moringa specifically will be an advantage.
● Exhibit company values (integrity, humility, perseverance, drive, innovation, excellence, passion, and impact) professionally and personally
● Ideal candidate must possess the leadership and management skill to manage a major department of the company’s business
● Competitive Salary
● Health Insurance
● Access to company car
● Paid Vacation
● Company Smartphone & Laptop
● All-expense-paid work related travel
Interested applicants should fill this form and send (1) cover letter and (2) CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Deadline: Rolling).