MoringaConnect is an MIT-Harvard spinout headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with its base of operations in Ghana. Our work has been featured in Good Morning America, Forbes, The Guardian, UpWorthy, and the Harvard Business Review. Our vision is to create a world powered by the moringa tree- a crop known locally as ‘the miracle tree’ for its nutritional, medicinal, and economic value. Starting in Ghana, we use our vertically integrated supply chain to turn moringa leaves into nutritious beverages and snacks under our Minga Foods brand and moringa oil seeds into clean beauty products under our award-winning True Moringa brand.
Since becoming operational in Q42013, we’ve created 90 jobs along the value chain for women and youth, provided more than $500K in income to moringa farmers, built a network of 3000 farmers, and planted over 500,000 trees.
Successful applicant will work from the Upper West Region with extensive field work throughout the Region.
This is a full time position open to Ghanaian nationals only, preferably persons who live in and around the Upper West Region.
Reporting to the Seed Supply Operations Manager for field work & Impact and M&E manager for relevant projects, the Regional Supervisor will be in charge of coordinating work activity of field officers and contracted farmers in ensuring ample supply of raw materials needed to boost production. This might require the need to travel with a motorbike on rough terrains.
- Supervision of field officers (10 initially) on appointed tasks (connect with each officer twice per month to review their work, performance and provide support)
- Coordinate hiring process of field officers in new communities
- Visit farmers and farms in supervised area (once every two months)
- Data collection and analysis through Mergdata app
- Reporting to field manager / supply chain manager
- Connect, build and manage relationship with relevant stakeholders in Upper West region
- Promote company culture among field officers
- Receive and disburse funds as needed for field operations
- Organize and lead trainings following department guidelines and practices
- Organize and support moringa farmer groups
- Coordinate work with ICS to establish and maintain organic certification
- Coordinate seed procurement
- Propose and discuss with management regional priorities and strategies to increase presence of MC in UW
- Coordinate disbursement of end of year bonus
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Exhibit company values (integrity, humility, perseverance, drive, innovation, excellence, passion, and impact) professionally and personally
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in relevant field
- Proven experience working in agricultural sector in Ghana
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in the field
- Knowledge of at least one of the Upper West languages
- Experience in training and community outreach and development of training material
- Good IT and reporting skills
- Experience organizing community groups (farmer groups would be an advantage)
- Experience in certification (would be an added advantage)
- Problem solving attitude and good leadership skills
- Protective gears
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- All-expense-paid travel