SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
MoringaConnect is an MIT-Harvard spinout headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with its base of operations in Ghana. Our work has been featured in Good Morning America, Forbes, The Guardian, UpWorthy, and the Harvard Business Review. Our vision is to create a world powered by the moringa tree- a crop known locally as ‘the miracle tree’ for its nutritional, medicinal, and economic value. Starting in Ghana, we use our vertically integrated supply chain to turn moringa leaves into nutritious beverages and snacks under our Minga Foods brand and moringa oil seeds into clean beauty products under our award-winning True Moringa brand.
Since becoming operational in Q42013, we’ve created 90 jobs along the value chain for women and youth, provided more than $500K in income to moringa farmers, built a network of 3000 farmers, and planted over 500,000 trees.
Successful applicant will primarily work from the Greater Accra Region but will be required to travel regularly within Ghana
An individual with drive and experience to lead the Supply Chain Team to establish and implement supply chain and logistics strategy, objectives and initiatives. The candidate will be accountable to ensure Supply Chain efficiency and excellence across the full MoringaConnect value chain, collaborating cross-functionally and cross-regionally with all other functions within the Company.
Refine and optimize processes and scope for data collection and data analysis so that it feeds into and improves all strategic decision making
- Lead negotiation efforts for major supply chain contracts
- Work directly with General Manager, Farm Manager, and Plant Manager to coordinate factory strategy and farm strategy with overall company strategy and operations with regard to supply
- Develop, review, and implement sourcing strategy, optimizing for cost, quality, and sustainability
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches
- Review and optimize model for engaging suppliers optimizing for cost, quality, and sustainability
- Lead the Supply Chain Team and control all activities related to the supply, distribution, logistics, warehousing of raw material, packaging material and finished goods of the company’s operations.
- Develop cohesive operational plans and budgets for all supply and logistics processes for the MoringaConnect supply chain.
- Review and Implement cohesive sourcing and logistical short, medium, and long term plans with defined performance measures.
- Lead and direct the activities of all functions involved in the purchasing, planning, warehousing and control of materials including the receipt of goods, forecasting replenishment needs, delivery of the finished product into finished goods inventory, and delivery of products to the customer(s).
- Manage inventory and establish controls to ensure MoringaConnect is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk.
- Ensure that production output fully satisfies sales demand by optimizing all supply chain and logistics resources and implementing tactical and strategic imperatives set out in the Company’s plans.
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and team to optimize value of the entire department in creating a world class supply chain team.
- Lead team to optimize outgrower model and insure expansion plan is in line with company targets
- Work in partnership with HR manager to develop hiring strategy and execution for the supply chain team
- Oversee the development of effective hiring, onboarding, and support packages and systems for field staff
- Work with seed supply chain supervisors and managers to ensure actions are taken to maximize productivity of all farms and optimizing outgrower and ingrower engagemen to develop and continuously improve supplier programs.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement
- Implement and maintain company procurement, supply chain and logistics systems, policies and procedures
- Develop and manage departmental budgets
- Participate in the design and implementation of any ERP system and optimize its use
- Establish annual goals and objectives, (including stretch targets) in coordination with corporate objectives, and manage performance to ensure attainment
- Prepare regular reports on all supply chain operations
- Maintain direct, constant communication with the farms, production team, quality assurance team and general manager
- Perform other duties appropriate to this role, as may be required by the Company from time to time
Key Competencies and Qualifications
● Degree in a Social or Applied Science, Business Administration, Supply Chain or related field. Added qualification in supply chain or logistics management will be an advantage
● 3 – 5 years working experience in within a Supply Chain and Logistics role, preferably in the food processing industry or agri-processing
● Experience in developing Supply Chain strategy and implementing programs, action plans and KPI’s
● Ability to balance Supply chain and Logistics Strategy/Direction/Goals & business needs
● Ability to work across organizational and geographic boundaries
● Ability to build consensus and support while resolving conflict and resistance
● Understands and has a working knowledge of establishing and improving supply chain processes in a business that operates across regions and continents.
● Excellent communication and organizational skills, especially when relating to Ghanaians and others in Ghana
● Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable
● Experience in managing team with a range of abilities and coordinating with a diverse range of experts, contractors, and advisors
● Exhibit company values (integrity, humility, perseverance, drive, innovation, excellence, passion, and impact) professionally and personally
● Ideal candidate must possess the leadership and management skill to manage a major department of the company’s business
● Competitive Salary
● Health Insurance
● Access to company car
● Paid Vacation
● Company Smartphone & Laptop
● All-expense-paid work related travel